Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's a Girl!!!

So Kyle and I couldn't wait to have our normal 20 week ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby so a girl I work with at the hospital, her mother does research ultrasounds and so we signed up. They take about 20 minutes and do 2 different ultrasounds and their research is to measure the length of the cervix and see if it has any connections to pre-term labor. While they are measuring everything, you can stick in a VHS and have it all recorded and then they print you out a bunch of pictures. We were so expecting a little baby boy body part to be flaunting around but to our surprise......there was no wee-wee!!! I kept asking the girl..."but where is the wee-wee?" haha. We are soooooo excited it is a little girl but also very nervous. There are so many more little things to worry about with girls. We now have to think of girl names and now the shopping begins :) These pictures are pictures of the pictures of the ultrasound b/c my scanner doesn't work. Some of them are kinda hard to see. Here they are:



This is her cute little profile picture. It looks better than the 12 week one. During the ultrasound she was perching her lips together and drinking. It was so cute.
Both of these are her profile body shots. They are a little blurry but you can tell its a little human growing inside me. It's so crazy to know thats growing in me. Such a miracle.


Her legs, feet, and arms were moving the whole time too and I didn't even feel it. There have been two times that I'm pretty sure I felt her moving. I can't wait to actually see her.

Thats a foot if you couldn't tell. This one wouldn't turn out clear. I hope she doesn't have her mommys feet. lol



And here it is.....dun..dun..dun...NO WEE-WEE!! It's a GIRL!!!! YEAH. If you can't tell, you are looking from underneath at her two thighs and her bum. The three little white lines indicates that it is a girl :)

10 comments:

Ben and Rachel said...

Congratulations! Little girls are the cutest, and so fun to dress up! You will be such a good mama!

Victoria said...

That's so cool. You will love having a girl first. Girl clothes are so much cuter:)

the peine's said...

Congrats! I am SOOO excited for you!

Andy & Heather Law said...

Yay!!! What names have you come up with??? I am so excited for you! Andy's sister Seena is having a girl too!

Jenna and Joe Layne said...

congrats!!! we are having a girl too!!! I bet you can't wait! now you can teach her how to play softball!

Morgan and Heidi said...

YAY! Now I can by cute little girl clothes. And so will Mom...from garage sales. :) I still think you should name her Sally or Helgah...after the girl from American Gladiators. lol. Morgan wants to name our first girl Cooter, so anything is better than that.

Alicia said...

That's fantastic! Little girls are the best. I bet she'll be a blast :)

~Jess!c@~ said...

So exciting!!!! I can tell you that girls really are harder than boys, but they are soooooo much fun!!!!!

Devry said...

congrats on having a little girl!

Andrea and Cy Hepworth said...

Heather!! ITs andrea (fuller) Hepworth! I found you blog and im so excited!! Congrats on having a girl!! That is really exciting news! I hope all is going great and life is treating you guys well! Are you guys still in utah?