Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mexico Trip

So Kyle and I went to Mexico with his parents this past week from the 10th-18th and had so much fun. We have been twice before and usually on Christmas but the tickets were too expensive that week so we went a few weeks later. We got there the first day and just hung out, unpacked, and layed out. While we were at dinner we got conned into going to look at a time share and they give you free things if you go. We talking him into giving me a free 1 hr massage, and 3 rounds of 9 holes of golf in one of the prettiest golf coarses there. It was amazing. It was right on the water along the ocean and every hole was surrounded with palm trees. So thats what we did the next day. Our trip usually consists of waking up..eating breakfast...laying out...eating lunch...laying out...shower...go eat dinner...walk around and shop...eat ice cream...go back to the room and watch a movie...and fall asleep. Repeat the next day! haha. That is what I call a nice relaxing vacation. So besides the golf, the only other big thing we did was went fishing which was a lot of fun besides getting sea sick. I didn't take my camera b/c I didn't want it to get soaked so there are no pics. We caught about 13 fish between the 4 of us and Kyle caught this awesome Jack fish. We had them all fileted out and then Senor Elias took them home to feed his family. The trip was fun and very relaxing and I got a tan. That was the only thing I cared about. Here are some of the pictures:






Kyle and I did tie the round of golf to set the record straight. I had the lead the whole time and then of course on the very last hole I had to find the largest sand pit and dang it.....it took me forever to get the heck out of there. Kyle then has his chance to make a come back and he did. We like it better when we tie that way nobodys pissed off. hahaha.


This is me on the balcony of our room. It was such a beautiful site to wake up to in the mornings. And to hear the waves crashing as you fall asleep.



Laying out by the pool.



One of the many beautiful sunsets. Each night they all looked so different.


Kyle and I at dinner on the beach.


We were on our way home from dinner and hopped on this Pulmoneo which is kinda just like a little glorified golf cart. The guy I think had too much to drink that night. He was hooting and hollering the whole way home but he was hilarious. He jumped out of the cart and let us take pictures, it was fun.



Kyle having fun by himself in the water. I hate to say it but I never even got into the ocean. There were a lot of rocks and the truth be told....I HATE WATER! haha. I keep the sand in place while Kyle goes and plays. Can't wait till we have a child that will go with him.


This is our friend Elias. He has been working here for 15 years and thats about how long Kyle has been going to Mexico. We try to bring him a gift each year we go down. In this picture he is wearing a Utah Flash basketball shirt that we brought him last year. He's an awesome guy.




This is us at Gringo Lingos. It's an all you can eat restaurant. They bring you one plate of food and then you order your next entree. Kyle ended up eating 5 full plates of food. That is sooo much fun b/c each plate is a brand new huge plate of food. I don't know where he puts all of it. This was his first night wearing his new glasses too. I think he looks so cute in them and I love how he now believes me when I say I can read a sign a mile away. lol


This is a store called Senor Frogs. It's the most well known store in all of Mexico. Their logo thing is the frog and they had these wigs to put on to take pictures with. I don't know Kyle, you look kinda good with long hair ;)

This was our last day there before we headed to the airport. If you look carefully, you can see my big buldge of a belly and that was even in the morning. Watch out later in the day, I'll knock you over. haha.














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous heather that looks SO relaxing! The pictures are beautiful!

Annalee and Buck said...

Ahhhhhhh I'm so jealous. The view from your room is gorgeous and I love all of your pictures! You look so cute in your swim suit, Kyle looks way cute in his glasses, (they fit his face well) and it looks like so much fun! That's really cool about Elias too. You guys are good people :) Ha ha, it makes me want to go on a vacation now :)

Morgan and Heidi said...

YOu are starting to show...so now I get all your old pants : ) Kidding, I'm sure you won't get that big. Well, I'm glad I'm the only one who guessed it was a girl : ) Sister sister! Remember that show? ahhaha. Oh man. I need to bring you your garlic press so you don't have to use your breath us garlic anymore. : ) LOVE YOU!

Ashley said...

What were you talking about? Your pics are GREAT! It looks like you had so much fun. I want to be in Mexico again. Lets plan another trip but this time go together. Yeah!

the peine's said...

What a fun trip! I loved that you got conned into going to a time share but then to their surprise you conned them! Your belly is so cute!

Mona said...

What a great vacation! Heather you look like a model in every picture! Congrats on your baby too!