Friday, May 29, 2009

Why?

Why is it, that when you are pregnant, people think they can say whatever the heck they want to you and you should be okay with it. If you overreact, it's just because your emotional right? fat pregnant women have feelings too. And TRUST ME....we know when things start to swell and yes, we know we are getting HUGE. I just thought I would share a few comments that I have gotten from friends/family/husband/strangers in these 8 months of pregnancy. And yes, I know there will be more as I am still growing. haha. Luckily, I make fun of myself as well and I just try to laugh it off. I know it will all go back to semi-normal soon.

  • Honey, your face is so nice and round these days.
  • Man, every time I look at you, you are causing me physical pain.
  • You're pregnant? Good, I could tell, but wasn't going to say anything.
  • Heather, I think you should sit down, your body is swelling.
  • Can I push that bed for you? It looks painful.
  • Here, don't you dare bend over.
  • You haven't popped yet?
  • Your due WHEN?
  • Why are you so much bigger then Deb? Aren't you due after her?
  • I love to push on pregnant womens belly buttons, its like a trampoline.
  • Geez, when is that child coming out of you, you have been pregnant forever!!
  • Gosh Heather, how much lunch did you pack for one day? You think you have enough? I'm hungry too!
  • Hungry Hippo is a nickname I have recieved.
  • Do you ever stop eating?
  • Everytime I see you, you have something in your mouth.
  • Your big belly is just so darn cute!
  • Don't worry, you should

I'm sure there are many more. I get comments every day. I won't lie, I will not miss the same questions asked day after day. I just try to answer them like it was my first time being asked. I know people are just excited for me. I find myself asking the same questions to other pregnant women too though, so I think it's just a form of small talk. If you can think of any more fun comments that you got while you were pregnant, feel free to add them to the list! Only 28 more days!!!! Wahooooooo.

9 comments:

Alicia Bunderson said...

everyone always told me that I looked like a swallowed a really big basketball. Got to love the comments. yay for only 28 days..she will be here in no time!

Morgan and Heidi said...

Did someone actually say that everytime they look at you, you cause them physical pain?! haha. That's messed up. I want to know who said that though. Poor thing :( SEE YOU TOMORROW!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm finally on your blog!

Man, I hear you on this post! I was at the pool the other day & overhead a husband and wife talking to another couple about a pregnant woman they saw at the mall. They described her as being "pregnant sideways" because she was just so huge. "But get this!" they said, "She was only 6 months pregnant!" I have never wanted to slap a stranger so hard in all my life! Do people not realize that every woman carries a child differently and that being pregnant is not the equivalent of being fat? And no, feeling that way does not mean we are defensive, hormonal women!

But I'll end on a happier note by saying just how CUTE a prego woman you are! So excited for you! :)

Kristy said...

Okay I think that my "are you having twins?" questionSSSS, yes more than one person asked me that, beats alllll those! P.S. I still had like 3 months to go. Ah yeah it's all part of the package. But I will say that I do think that you are so stinkin' cute and I can't wait to see what a stinkin cute baby Bailey is!....yes your baby will be a girl I promise, despite your dreams:) Love ya girlie!

Morgan and Heidi said...

Send me the pics from your baby shower PLEASE : )

Ben and Rachel said...

Please girl, If I could only look as good as you at 36 weeks...What terds!

Beth said...

Its true, people these days way terrible things. Someone told me I should go back to the doctor because there was no way there was only one baby inside my belly! OH! and after I had her I was still being asked when I was due. UGH! Almost time!!! YAY!!!!

Annalee and Buck said...

Ha ha ha, I hear those comments too! Not to me though, I hear people say them to you :) Here here, I got one for you: Man, did you swallow a watermelon seed? Ha ha ha snicker snicker. Tell Kyle I didn't mean to leave his name off, I was just blogging super fast because I didn't have much time, but I put it in there now so he's credited. :)I think your belly is cute, with your sticky-outy belly button :)

Mona said...

Yep- I think that when you are preggo for whatever reason, people feel like there is no need for tact when they talk to you. I think anyone who has ever been preggo can commiserate with you on this one! Good luck!