Monday, June 29, 2009

Tomorrow!

Well, we went into the doctors office today for my post due date appointment. I was due on the 26th which was Friday. He checked me and wasn't impressed with my improvements. I don't think my body wants to have this baby on its own. He said that I had 2 options. Option one would be that I could do my 2 non-stress tests this week and I would see him back next Monday! Thats a whole nother week to be pregnant and be over due. He said, I still might not go on my own by next week and we would induce me anyways. Option 2 is to go in tomorrow morning at 5 am to be induced. After many questions and thinking, we decided while she is nice and healthy now, we would rather not take chances of things going wrong in the next week and we are going in tomorrow morning for the induction!!!

It's a whirlwind of emotions because it has been such a long time waiting, but now its here! We have been on edge this past week thinking that I could go into labor any minute. Obviously, I haven't so now we know she is coming tomorrow and WOW.... its a little nerve wrecking. I will be holding my child tomorrow. I hope all goes well and she is beautiful and healthy. I will post as soon as I'm back in business with my labor story! Wish me luck :)

7 comments:

Kaelyn said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Alicia Bunderson said...

good luck heather! Being induced is great if you have an epidural! I suggest to get it as soon as you start feeling those contractions. so you can BE as comfortable as you can, because it will be a long labor! can't wait to see her!

beth said...

Good Luck Heather- we are so excited for you!! Yay!!

Annalee and Buck said...

I'm so glad you decided to get induced!! I bet you will be so happy you did, and I'm so excited! I can't believe it's finally time, it feels sureal! Good luck and we're praying for you and we're gonna come see you!!

Ben and Rachel said...

Good luck heather! I'll be thinking of you all day!

Devry said...

i agree with alicia, epidural asap, i pretty much slept through about 12 hours of labor thanks to the epi. good luck tomorrow and can't wait to see pics!

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

Holy crap good luck. I can only imagine the nervous reck I'm going to be if I'm induced. I'm kind of planning on being a least a week late I can tell this baby wants to do everything opposite of what I hope for! Good luck and I can't wait to hear all the juicy details!