Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ambulance...Ya..ya...ya

So heres what happened......
It started getting cold here in Utah and now that we have a house with a fire place, I thought It would be a great idea to have a fire last Monday night. I called Kyle and told him to find some fire wood at work and bring it home. Well, we started building the fire right before One Tree Hill came on and I threw in some newspaper and then Kyle did the rest. Well, I'm from Florida so of coarse I don't know much about all this stuff, I knew Kyle would have it under control. So he lights the match and we have a fire. Well.....he starts saying...WOW, this is creating a lot of smoke Heather, I wonder why!? So the house continues to fill with smoke and I went running around opening up all windows and doors even though it was 30 degrees out side. Well, we have this security system in our house that we don't pay for but it is still activated. The alarm started going off and shouting...FIRE....ALERT...FIRE! Dang it! They automatically send a response crew out every time the alarm goes off. Ya, so first the officer arrives and checks on us and few seconds later we hear ALL the sirens going off. As they are pulling up, I'm motioning to them to go and everything is fine. Well, they came in and the house is filled even more with smoke. One of the Firefighters says to me, "Hey, do you work at the ER?" Oh great, I'm going to be the joke around the hospital. Anyways, so they bring out their huge fan and blow out all the smoke. In the mean time, we found out that we didn't open the Flue in the fireplace which is what allows all the smoke to exit the house. DUH............ My house was a mess so I'm trying to clean as they are going in and out of the house. So embarassing I tell ya. I'm still laying low when I see Orem Fire come into the ER. hahaha.


I was excited so I was taking pictures.
We were so proud until.......
Dang it...the Fire Department :(
Some were laughing at us....some were NOT!


7 comments:

Annalee and Buck said...

Ha ha ha, that is such a funny story! The way you were running around cleaning, that is so something I would do. Shove it all in the closet. See, we would've been so caught though, due to some of the things in our room...I need to be more careful!

Ashley said...

Haha! I LOVE it! I wish I was your neighbor so I could have been near all the excitment.

~Jess!c@~ said...

Great story! Now that you mention it, one of the Orem guys did come in and tell us about the crazy couple that didn't know to open the Flue to burn a fire!!! (just kidding!!)

Kristy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Hilarious! Only you. This would only happen to you:) Hey you do love fire trucks and amulances.You did it on purpose huh!:) Thats awesome! And whats even better is that you took pictures and can blog about it. Well, Kyle did propose to you with a fire truck:) This was bound to happen:)

Kristy said...

Man I was just looking at the pic of you and Kyle and thinking how fast time flys by! Dude you guys are married 3 years in March! Remember when we first saw him at sand volleyball?? How he was injured?:) And then how he asked us if we had boyfriends?? And then you guys dated...man 3 years! I'm so glad you guys got married! I love that we both married guys from the singles ward and that it will always be so much fun when our families get together! Today is 4 years since Jer and mines first date! Crazy huh! Anyway just wanted to say how much I love that you and Kyle are married!:)hehe

Ben and Rachel said...

This is hilarious!...And of course it would happen to you!

Allie Pace said...

HAHAHHA oh my gosh that's the best story i've heard all week. I love ya heather haha