Friday, March 27, 2009

3 Years and counting...

It was our 3 year anniversary on March 18 so we decided to go on a big camp out with some of our friends from the hospital. On our actual anniversary we just went out to Olive Garden and had a nice meal and then came home and watched our wedding video, which was so cute by the way!
That Thursday we took off with Ashley and Jake to St. George area and got there too late to sleep at a campsite, so we ended up sleeping on the floor of Kyles brothers vacant condo where there was no running water or electricity. I'll just say we had to get creative with our bathroom facilities ;)
Then on Friday morning, we met up with Allie and Dave to head down to Kanab. We had 6 people squashed into Kyles truck with about a ton of stuff in the bed of the truck and trailor. Kyle was nervous we weren't even going to make it there with all the weight we were carrying.
Well we made it to Dave's home town of Kanab and found..."THE ROCK", which is where we set up tent. Friday we went 4 wheeling, then hiked to the sand caves and played Bocci Ball, made tinfoil dinners, smores, and hung out by the fire.


Saturday we all woke up and made Mountainman breakfast (oh so good), the guys went out shooting while us girls played cards. Then the guys wanted to go 4 wheeling to check out the area so while they did that, us girls laid out in the back of Kyles truck.


well, one of the 4 wheelers blew the transmission on their adventure so that was the end of that! We had sandwiches for lunch and then hung around and climbed "The Rock", then tried to find a hike to the beehives, which was never accomplished, came back, made Dutch oven B-B-Q Chicken and bacon potatoes, and for dessert had Dutch oven Peach Cobbler! That was some good eatin :)





This was the stupid tree that both Kyle and I ran into about 5 times each, and also resulted in me having a small accident with the bladder cuz I was laughing so hard! Dang bladder!
That night we planned on having a huge bon fire but the wind was too bad so we ended up burning through about 5 trees, 1 by 1.
Sunday morning, we had Biscuits and Gravy, packed up, and headed out. We stopped at Allie's home town where her family was so kind and made us lunch and allowed us to take a much needed shower. Then we were on the road again and came home to a dang snow storm! :(



Along with our Anniversary, it was also Allies Big 21 Birthday. Annalee and I took her out for lunch and then her husband had a surprise B-day party for her that night.

Happy Birthday Allie!!!



This is me at 25 weeks pregnant. I grew so much in just 1 week. Actually, I wake up every morning noticing how big I get overnight. Bailey moves so much now and aren't just little nudges anymore. She is doing full on Acrobatics!!

Newest Update: My dad is moving to Italy for 3 months just because he can. He invited Kyle and I to come out before the baby was born so we looked and found cheap tickets and we are on our way to Italy next week!!! We are so excited and can't wait to eat some real Italian food! Pictures are soon to come.






4 comments:

Kristy said...

Have I told you how much I love your belly? Okay maybe I do every comment I ever make on here...but it's so true! I love it! You look great! The camping trip sounds like it was completely awesome and I offically want to try every single thing that you ate on that trip! Everything sounded so delicious! You be careful climbing all those big rocks, prego...but I guess if Bailey can survive Boyz to Men, she can survive anything:) You guys look great and if I don't talk to you before have SOOOO much fun in Italy and eat some amazing food for me. I can't wait to see pictures! Be safe!

Morgan and Heidi said...

I'm so sorry I missed your Anniversary but it looks like my forgetting to say Happy Anniversary didn't slow you down at all : ) I can't believe you guys are going to Italy. Watch out for men who want to share a taxi with you and then come to your house and kidnap you making you into a Prostitute. That only made sense if you've seen "Taken". : ) Holy cow I'm so jealous though! Make sure dad stays out of trouble and seriously be careful! We all know what happens when the "Wiley" girls go out of the country ; ) haha. Have fun and I'll hear from you when you get back! LOVE YOU,

Annalee and Buck said...

Okay, you DO NOT look like a hungry hungry hippo. Ha ha ha, remember you are the hardest critic of yourself? I think you look amazing for being 7 months pregnant, (that's what you call it, not fat, pregnant) and remember you are taller than all of us, which does not make you huge. Just wait until I'm prego, you've got almost a foot on me. I'm gonna look like an obese hobbit trying to smuggle an exercise ball out of Gart's Sports under my shirt. Trust me you look great!

Kristy said...

Okay soooo excited that you guys made it to three years and everything....but can you please post about Italy already?! I know I havent posted in a while but I didnt go anywhere cool okay....post...now!